Kaishan Compressor USA, LLC
The Electrical Engineer designs, develops, and tests electrical devices and equipment relative to rotary screw compressor packages and oversees manufacture of same.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Evaluates electrical systems, products, components (contractors transformers) and applications by designing and conducting research; applying knowledge of electricity and materials. Variable Frequency Drive (VFD) a must.
- Confirms system’s and components’ capabilities by designing testing methods; testing properties.
- Develops electrical products by studying customer requirements; researching and testing manufacturing and assembly methods and materials.
- Develops manufacturing processes by designing and modifying equipment for building and assembling electrical components; soliciting observations from operators.
- Assures product quality by designing electrical testing methods; testing finished products and system capabilities.
- Prepares product reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Provides engineering information by answering questions and requests. Must have experience at troubleshooting production issues.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with federal and state regulations.
- Maintains product data base by writing computer programs; entering data.
- Completes projects by training and guiding technicians.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Performs a wide range of engineering tasks by operating computer-assisted design or engineering software and equipment.
- Confers with customers, engineers, and others to discuss existing or potential engineering products or projects.
- Ensuring that installation and operations conform to standards and customer requirements by preparing electrical systems specifications and technical drawings.
- Establishes construction, manufacturing or installation standards or specifications by performing a wide range of detailed calculations.
- Prepares specifications for purchases of electrical equipment and materials.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Company Conformance Statements
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees are expected to conform to the
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
- Be at work on time every day and have the flexibility to work overtime as needed.
- Always work safely and report any unsafe conditions. We are all responsible for Safety!
- Bachelor degree in electrical engineering preferred, but not required.
- Experience in using or a desire to learn required software.
- Knowledge of applicable codes related to electronic engineering (NEC, U.L. 1450, etc.).
- Proficient in design and calculation software.
- Experience in CAD, Solidworks, Oracle, SAP, ERP.
- Controls experience with HMI ladder logic, preferred.
- Must be able to read wiring diagrams and implement.
Mainly an office environment, with some exposure to a plant environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit for long periods and use a computer. Standing and walking about the facility are necessary. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.