The Facilities Project/Design Engineer designs, reviews and implements new processes or improvements in the operations or construction of the manufacturing facility. This position is responsible for analyzing material and labor costs, reviewing construction or production bids, planning, designing, and overseeing the reconfiguration, maintenance, and alteration of equipment, machinery, buildings, structures, and other facilities. Will also be involved with layout and execution of new assembly lines.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manage and coordinate engineering design, project approval, procurement, construction, budget and be on site for commissioning/startup of new construction and alterations or repair to existing buildings and equipment. Ensure projects are on schedule and at budget.
- Manage installation of machinery and equipment to support production.
- Manage installation and maintenance of environmental systems to include, but not limited to: Electrical Systems, Mechanical Systems, Fire Detection and suppression systems, and emergency backup systems.
- Identify needed repairs to building and equipment, including cost, material and labor, and coordinate completion of same.
- Establish a preventive maintenance program.
- Monitor energy costs and implement means to conserve energy and reduce costs.
- Supply technical support for EHS projects.
- Act as facilities representative on projects and serve as a liaison between Facilities and internal and external contacts
- Support service delivery organizations to ensure contracted service level agreements and key performance indicators are met or exceeded.
- Assist Facility in installation, repair, maintenance and alteration of production support machineries, equipment and building.
- Gathering and reviewing data concerning facility or equipment specifications and, based on a thorough cost analysis, develop management control systems that will control or reduce costs.
- Ensure operations are efficiently maintained by completing project functions on time and budget.
- Support facilities engineering and technically assist plant in areas of installation, startup, repair, training and modification on equipment.
- Manage distribution and generation equipment and systems performance, monitor power bills and control costs.
- Manage PM work for production support machineries, plan and ensure routine facilities inspections are performed and execute corrective measures as required.
- Conduct analysis and propose procurement of facilities services.
- Recommend solution and prepare relevant reports to ensure proper selection of outsourced services.
- Perform activities conforming with EH&S Policy, applicable regulatory, company EH&S rules and requirements.
- Ensure prompt resolution of potential hazards through reporting about practices if unsafe or adversely impacting environment.
- Other duties as assigned, including some IE duties
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Company Conformance Statements
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees are expected to conform to the
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
- Be at work on time every day and have the flexibility to work overtime as needed.
- Always work safely and report any unsafe conditions. We are all responsible for Safety!
- BSIE Degree or equivalent experience
- Budget management experience.
- Vendor management experience.
- Ability to apply engineering principles and techniques to the solution of equipment, buildings and infrastructure issues.
- Familiarity with regulations and building codes.
- Ability to prepare engineering specifications, statements of work, and estimates for a wide range of facility related projects.
- Knowledge of architectural designs and construction/project management principles.
- Air Handling, hydraulics, pneumatics associated with the manufacturing, construction, and power environments.
- Proficiency interpreting Architectural and Manufacturing blueprints.
- Ability to respond and take action in response to facilities crisis management activities including: power outages, fire alarms, HVAC outages.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, maintain detailed and accurate records, and prepare clear and concise written reports.
- Ability to work with others on a team to accomplish goals.
- AutoCAD, Solidworks
- Computer programs including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Visio and PowerPoint.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outdoor conditions of heat or cold, fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.