Website Kaishan Compressor USA
Title: Manufacturing Engineer- Basic Assembly
Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing processes to ensure company production and quality standards are maintained.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develops assembly process for industrial compressors in a high mix low volume environment.
- Plan’s workflow, space requirements, and equipment layout, utilizing LEAN methodologies.
- Understand plant layout and material flow concepts including warehousing fundamentals.
- Specifies, purchases, and coordinates installation of material handling equipment including Jibs and cranes and other equipment, materials, tooling, and gaging needed to perform operations.
- Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing methods, utilizing knowledge of product design, materials and parts, tooling and production equipment capabilities, assembly methods, and quality control standards.
- Creates detailed manufacturing work instructions.
- Trains shop floor team members on production processes.
- Review product designs for manufacturability or completeness.
- Applies statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential.
- Determines root causes of failures using statistical methods and recommends changes in designs, tolerances, or processing methods.
- Evaluate products per design data and quality standards.
- Confer with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
- Confer with maintenance staff to troubleshoot production equipment issues.
- Works with engineering on new product development to insure manufacturability of new products.
- Designs assembly tooling utilizing solid modeling software.
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree required in engineering with coursework in the manufacturing process or industrial engineering.
- 5+ years’ experience working in a plant, manufacturing highly engineered products.
- Knowledge of computer design and engineering software
- Lean manufacturing experience, and or Six Sigma Green Belt preferred
- Project Management Skills
- Develops timelines to support new product development and production schedules.
- Develops estimates to produce new products and tooling expenditures.
- Tracks and measure progress against time schedule
- Ensures that prototypes are built to time schedules.
- Provides technical support daily to the basic assembly area.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and standards, schematics, blueprints, and legal documents.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and work instructions.
- Ability to effectively communicate, coach, and train shop floor team members on processing information.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond professionally to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and other public groups.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Self-directing with the ability to manage assigned projects.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to perform root cause analysis.
- Proficiency with CAD, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and ERP systems
- Strong mechanical aptitude and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to work in a manufacturing shop floor environment.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 35 lbs.
- Must be able to walk distances of over 1 mile during the day.
- Must be able to work in safety sensitive areas.
- Must be able to frequently bend, squat, kneel, climb, and stand on the manufacturing floor for the entire workday.
This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management of the employees within that department.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Company Conformance Statements
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees are expected to conform to the
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers, and suppliers.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
To apply for this job email your details to afrazier@KaishanUSA.com