Website Kaishan Compressor USA
The Quality Engineer designs systems by which production quality can be checked in an ongoing process. He/she provides statistical information for quality improvement by identifying testing methods and samples; and works to not only find defects, but also to find the cause of the defect and develop a solution. The Quality Engineer will collect data, prepare, review and analyze failure reports for management and for use in improving processes.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responsible for developing inspection test plans, Quality Work Instructions, and all other contractual required quality documentation
- Review contracts, drawings, specifications, procedures, test procedures, inspection and test analysis as required
- Coordinate and work with Engineering to support the production plan
- Perform DOE, FMEA, etc. to enhance and improve processes as directed by management
- Responsible for continual improvement activities to enhance the quality system, such as 5S, Kaizen lean methods, etc.
- Develop training to build quality awareness
- Analyze failure, corrective and preventive action to respond to internal and customer complaints
- Attain ISO certification and act as ISO 9000 Lead Auditor in the quality system’s internal auditing process
- Ensure that non-conforming material is controlled and segregated and that management and appropriate departments are notified for disposition
- Conduct routine quality audit of all working programs. providing feedback to supervisors and manufacturing engineers.
- Provide quality metric reports to management daily, weekly and monthly for review of process capability
- Responsible for evaluating pareto defect analysis and participating in task team to reduce the number of defects. Monitor in process scrap and reject material and seek opportunities for improvement
- Reviews warranty, and customer complaints, and insures that corrective actions are put in place.
- Reports non-conformities of imported product to Corporate production plant and requests corrective actions.
- Define the methods and equipment that will be used to measure key quality characteristics of a process
- Ensure product conforms to all contract requirements and print specifications.
- Work with suppliers on first-part approvals.
- Lead Root Cause Analysis (along with engineering)
- Maintain adherence to Company policies and procedures, safety and environmental standards, and good housekeeping practices
- Maintains quality files, procedures, and work instructions for proper adherence to quality system.
- Inspects raw materials to ensure consistency and integrity.
- Maintains, tests and troubleshoots all instrumentation devices
- Estimates, prioritizes, plans and coordinates quality testing activities.
- Responsible for programming of coordinate measuring machine.
- Visits suppliers to audit quality system.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Company Conformance Statements
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees are expected to conform to the
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
- Be at work on time every day and have the flexibility to work overtime as needed.
- Always work safely and report any unsafe conditions. We are all responsible for Safety!
- Bachelor’s degree in quality, mechanical or industrial engineering is required.
- Certified Six Sigma Black Belt (CSSBB) or ASQ Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) preferred
- LEAN manufacturing knowledge
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes.
- 4+ years’ experience in quality control or quality assurance position in a manufacturing environment.
- ISO Certification as an auditor a plus
- Good organizational skills
- Proficient with MS Office applications such as MS Word, Excel, Access and Power Point
- Experience with WinSPC, Minitab, or Visio software
- Must possess familiarity with regulations and standards.
- Proficient with measuring tools such as micrometers, calipers, gauges, volt meters, ammeters, and ohmmeters, as well as electronic inspection equipment like coordinate measuring machines (CMMs)
- Proficiency in data analysis, math and statistics
- Detail and results oriented with good decision-making skills
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Able to multi-task & prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Leadership skills
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, or sit for prolonged periods. Occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
To apply for this job email your details to afrazier@KaishanUSA.com