Extended Warranty Stipulations: Extended warranties are subject to following conditions. Failure to follow these terms will void the Extended Warranty.
- This warranty policy is applicable for compressors sold in North, Central and South America by KCA and/or an authorized KCA distributor.
- This warranty is to the first owner or commercial user and non-transferable.
- Authorized start-up must be performed only by KCA’s authorized distributor or personnel.
- A completed start-up report must be submitted by an authorized KCA distributor on the Kaishan Kloud
- Only genuine maintenance and service parts shall be used on the compressor or the warranty will be void.
- Maintenance as prescribed in the Operation & Maintenance Manual must be performed.
- Maintenance records must be made available to KCA upon their request in the event of a warranty claim.
- Oil samples for KTL 8000/1000PG are to be taken every 2,000 hours or semi-annually, whichever is occurs first.
- Oil Samples for KTL 4000 FG are to be taken every 1000 hours or semi-annually, whichever occurs first.
- The compressor must be maintained with KCA synthetic or Food Grade fluid only. Proper maintenance procedures on oil change must be followed, adjusted to operating conditions and as directed by the oil analysis report.
- The rules of standard warranty policy apply regardless of coverage length
- Strict Adherence to installation, operation and maintenance condition as prescribed in Kaishan Operation & Maintenance Manual.
- Compressors that qualify for Lifetime Airend Warranty; Parts and Labor are covered for first 120 months from the start-up or 126 months from the shipment from KCA, whichever occurs first. Parts only warranty thereafter.
- Special or custom orders are subject to limited/reduced or adjusted extended warranties at the manufacturers discretion and include but are not limited to:
- Medium voltage (2300/4160) motors are covered for 1 year only and are not covered under extended warranty.
- Compressors that operate over 150 psig discharge pressure are covered for 1 year package warranty and two years airend warranty and are not covered under extended warranty
Parts: 90 days from the date of sale by authorized KCA distributor or 6 months from the date of shipment from KCA, whichever occurs first.
Warranty Terms and Conditions:
- Normal wear parts, rubber parts and consumables like shaft seal and valve seal kits are not covered under the Extended or Life Time Warranty policy.
- The customer and/or authorized distributor is obligated to keep all copies of maintenance records, proof of purchase of consumables or spare — parts and fluid sampling analysis reports during the warranty period. Warranty claims under Life Time Warranty must have the following information:
- Completed KCA Warranty Claim Report Form
- Copy of Warranty Registration Form
- Copies of Maintenance Logs for a minimum of 36 months prior to failure
- Proof of Purchase of KCA genuine parts and oil for a minimum of 36 months prior to failure
- Copies of fluid analysis reports
- Warranty claims must be submitted in writing within 30 days of the failure.
- KCA reserves the right to repair or replace the part proved defective and request return of defective part for inspection. Parts must be returned within 45 days of such request or the warranty claim will be rejected.
- Warranty on factory repaired parts against manufacturing defects or workmanship is 90 days or until the end of the original warranty of the product in question, whichever is longer.
- Extended/Life Time Warranty Policy shall cover only the parts as mentioned under scope of this document and not any other part.
All components replaced within the machine warranty period will be covered for the remainder of the warranty time allowed on the machine. The individual component warranty will not supersede the machine warranty period
The Distributor/Service provider is required to retain failed or defective part for 90 days on their premises after the submission of claim. If requested by the KCA Warranty Department, a distributor/service provider is required to return the failed part for warranty work reimbursement. A distributor/service provider must follow KCA provided instructions, method & carrier when a part is shipped back to KCA or a KCA supplier.
- Failure to abide by the warranty conditions unless otherwise given in writing by KCA will make the warranty void.
- Repairs carried out on the package without prior authorization by KCA.
- Nonconformity to operating instructions, specifications, guidelines, maintenance and service instructions will void the warranty.
- Equipment conditions because of uncharacteristic operating due to environmental conditions, negligent use of equipment, accidents and shipping damage.
- If maintained/serviced by unauthorized personnel.
Limitation of Liability:
- KCA shall not be liable for any loss of profit, loss of production, loss of income or contract, loss of goodwill, or for indirect or consequential loss or damage of any kind whatsoever, including any temporary rental that may be required.
- In no event, shall KCA be liable for any claims higher than the original purchase price of the product.
- KCA reserves the right to alter or terminate the Life Time Warranty program or any part of the program for units not already covered by the Life Time Warranty.
- KCA is not liable for failure to perform the company’s obligations if such failure is as a result of Acts of God (including but not limited to fire, flood, earthquake, storm, hurricane or other natural disaster), war, invasion, act of foreign enemies, hostilities (regardless of whether war is declared), civil war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, military or usurped power or confiscation, terrorist activities, nationalization, government sanction, blockage, embargo, labor dispute, strike, lockout or interruption or failure of electricity or telephone service.