Steam Screw Expanders
Kaishan Steam Screw Expanders
Recovering energy from a waste steam stream can offer many facilities the opportunity to reduce their overall environmental impact. Steam screw expanders can recover heat energy by converting low-, medium-, and high-temperature steam into electrical energy. With a steam screw expander, power plants can accept saturated, dry, or overheated steam. They can also be combined with our ORC systems to maximize overall thermal efficiency and recover the maximum amount of energy possible.
Steam screw expanders are positive displacement machines that allow power plants to run at slower speeds without the performance or safety issues of a conventional turbine. As a result, they broaden the possibilities for industrial power recovery and power generation into smaller sizes for those with difficult steam conditions.
Kaishan steam screw expanders are versatile pieces of equipment that work as co-generation, waste heat recovery, and waste pressure recovery equipment. Common applications include:
- Pressure regulation in steam or gas pipelines
- Power generation from flash steam and geothermal brine
- Heat recovery and waste pressure recovery at relatively low temperatures and low pressures
Steam Screw Expander Benefits
- Low Capital Costs: We manufacture our products in an 85% vertically-integrated supply chain, providing our team with the opportunity to exercise industry-leading quality assurance protocols that both reduce the risk of failure and keep our costs down.
- High Efficiency: Kaishan steam screw expanders are engineered to maintain efficiency, even when dealing with unsteady steam conditions. These expanders are available in oil-free and lubricated configurations, both of which deliver high isentropic efficiency.
- Reduced CO2 Emissions: Kaishan steam screw expanders offer customers the ability to recover energy from waste steam or pressure reduction in an environmentally friendly way.
- Less Maintenance: Kaishan steam expanders are easy to install and maintain even in demanding operations. Our engineering team developed these expanders to experience less wear and tear on power system components for reliable, long-lasting performance.
Engineered for Reliable Performance in any Application
Like all Kaishan products, our steam screw expander generators contain industry-leading components and technological innovations—all while remaining economical to purchase and operate. Our steam screw expanders:
- Can support generation capacities ranging from 50kW to multi-megawatts
- Are available with evaporative, air-cooled or water-cooled heat exchangers, any of which we engineer to meet ASME standards
- Work with both induction and synchronous generators to produce power at any voltage and frequency configuration
- Feature sophisticated Siemens PLC controls for system configuration and remote monitoring
- Come equipped with heavy-duty John Crane seals and SKF bearings for up to 100,000 hours of performance
When you choose Kaishan’s compressors and expanders, you are buying a proven technology that is used in power plants worldwide to generate nearly 100 MW of clean energy. You’ll find our steam expanders and hybrid steam expander ORC systems in steel mills, refineries, chemical plants, palm oil processing plants, and other industrial sites. Reach out today to learn more about steam screw expanders and see how the Kaishan team can help you better meet your goals. Contact us today.