The Airend Designer will be responsible for design, prototyping and engineering documentation. Candidate will report directly to the Engineering Manager and collaborate with purchasing and manufacturing and assembly teams on design projects.
- Create conceptual designs from sketches and specifications
- Develop casting designs for housings incorporating foundry and machining manufacturing requirements
- Develop machining designs utilizing geometric tolerancing, minimizing error accumulation
- Complete tolerance analysis of components and assemblies
- Prepare 3-D CAD models and associated 2-D drawings
- Organize prototype assembly and test
- Create and maintain product design documentation including, but not limited to, drawings, bills of materials, and assembly procedures
Required Education and Experience
- Associate Degree in relevant technical field
- 5+ years’ experience in mechanical design related to rotating equipment
- In-depth knowledge of 3D CAD software, preferably SolidWorks
- Part modeling and detailing experience using 2-D and 3-D CAD
- Excellent communications skills: interpersonal, listening, oral, and written.
- Skilled in PC usage and associated software including Microsoft Office.
- Knowledgeable of standard drafting practices and procedures.
- Able to work with minimal supervision, efficiently schedule and manage time.