The Mechanical Engineer for Airend design will be responsible for design, analysis, research, prototyping and engineering documentation. Candidate will report directly to the Engineering Manager and collaborate with design/purchasing and manufacturing/assembly teams on design projects.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Create conceptual designs from sketches and specifications
• Develop casting designs for rotors and housings incorporating foundry and machining manufacturing requirements
• Analyze designs using FEA and applicable calculations
• Develop machining designs utilizing geometric tolerancing, minimizing error accumulation
• Complete tolerance analysis of components and assemblies
• Prepare 3-D CAD models and associated 2-D drawings
• Organize prototype assembly and test
• Create and maintain product design documentation including, but not limited to, drawings, bills of materials, and assembly procedures
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
COMPANY CONFORMANCE STATEMENTS
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees are expected to conform to the
• Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
• Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers.
• Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
• Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
• Be at work on time every day and have the flexibility to work overtime as needed.
• Always work safely and report any unsafe conditions. We are all responsible for Safety!
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
• 5+ years’ experience in mechanical design related to rotating equipment
• In-depth knowledge of 3D CAD software, preferably SolidWorks
• Part modeling and detailing experience using 2-D and 3-D CAD
• Excellent communications skills: interpersonal, listening, oral, and written.
• Skilled in PC usage and associated software including Microsoft Office.
• Knowledgeable of standard drafting practices and procedures.
• Able to work with minimal supervision, efficiently schedule and manage time.
Most of the time, the engineer works in an air-conditioned office environment, but occasionally is required to visit the plant area to inspect product, etc. While in the plant, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the plant can be loud at times.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is frequently required to sit or stand or walk for long periods of time. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.