Assembles compressor units based on bills of material, according to work instructions and using supplied components or following blueprints, diagrams, layouts or oral instruction.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assemble parts according to knowledge of unit being assembled.
- Fastens parts together with appropriate fasteners and fittings.
- Using hand, air and/or power tools.
- Performs other job functions as necessary.
- Keeps area clean and organized.
- Assists in the instruction and training of others as requested by supervisor.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Company Conformance Statements
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees are expected to conform to the
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
- Be at work on time every day and have the flexibility to work overtime as needed.
- Always work safely and report any unsafe conditions. We are all responsible for Safety!
- Must be able to communicate with supervisors and fellow workers in both written and verbal forms at a level normally acquired through the completion of a high school diploma or GED.
- 2+ years’ mechanical assembly experience or specialized training.
- Pipe-fitting experience a plus.
- Reading comprehension skills with the ability to interpret and follow written directions, blueprints, and engineering diagrams.
- Basic math skills to meet technical specifications and measurements.
- Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem and to think in such a way as to produce a new concept or idea.
- High attention to detail and self-motivation skills
- Specific technical or vocational training or certification may be required; may be required to pass blueprint and/or measurement tests.
- Ability to commit to flexible schedule and prompt arrival for shifts
- Experience with power and hand tools a plus. Must be able to follow established methods and procedures and perform work accordingly.
- Must possess the ability to read build sheets and blueprints, use micrometers and gauge indicators, feeler gauges, hoists and a variety of hand tools.
- Job specific skills, techniques and safe work and equipment operating practices are learned through on-the-job training.
- General instructions are given on recurring duties, operations and assignments; detailed instructions are given on new duties, operations and assignments.
- Must be able to solve problems and have good math skills. Blueprint reading is a desired skill set as well.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the test area can be loud.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.